For Metro teams, Friday’s games are a high point in a season full of low points.
But three more games area-wide were cancelled Thursday as a result of positive COVID-19 tests, including McGavock at Hillwood, serving as a stark reminder that things aren’t out of the woods just yet.
Brentwood at CPA was axed late Thursday night after the Lions had a couple of positive tests. That could cause a ripple effect in the schedule, especially if they have to miss next Friday’s region game at Lipscomb Academy.
Boyd Buchanan and Goodpasture was also cancelled, making five games lost in a span of 36 hours after Gordonsville at Coalfield and McCallie at BGA were taken off the schedule on Wednesday.
In the meantime, catch up on what you may have missed from Thursday:
- What to know about Nashville area prep football at midseason
- Metro Nashville parents frustrated, angry they can’t go to games
- Daily News Journal
- Blackman to add four to hall of fame class
- High school football midseason report: Viral moment, hot takes
- Williamson Herald
- Football: CPA hit with positive COVID-19 cases, cancels homecoming game against Brentwood
- Hartsville Vidette
- Trousdale County shuts out Westmoreland
- Trousdale County to host Macon County for homecoming
- Williamson Home Page
- Lawsuit filed over 2019 Ravenwood football practice incident involving NFL vet, former coach Ryan Fowler
- FOOTBALL PREVIEW: Brentwood, CPA set for game; Lipscomb, FRA to battle; BA going for sixth win
- Main Street Preps
- Position change no problem for Independence senior Jaxson Campbell
- Russell’s Week 6 Midstate HS football predictions
- Gallatin News
- Zach’s Sumner County Week 6 football preview
- Southern Middle Tennessee Sports
- MOSTRADAMUS SPEAKS: PREDICTIONS FOR WEEK 6
- HOW TO WATCH OR LISTEN TO HS FOOTBALL IN WEEK 6