It’s down to the final eight teams in our annual spring bracket challenge as the Helmet Madness tournament makes its way into the quarterfinal round of voting.
Only one 2-seed survived the round of 16, as 3-seeds went 3-1 in those particular matchups. 2021 champ Lebanon easily advanced, while we said goodbye to 2020 inaugural winner Mt. Juliet. All four 1-seeds also advanced to the quarterfinal round.
A total of 590 votes were cast last round and here’s how those matchups finished:
- Burton Region
- (1) Smith County def. (5) White House 377-213
- (3) Gordonsville def. (2) Westmoreland 428-162
- Reid Region
- (1) Trousdale County def. (4) Friendship Christian 335-235
- (2) Lebanon def. (3) Beech 403-187
- Duggin Region
- (1) DeKalb County def. (5) Wilson Central 401-189
- (3) Watertown def. (2) Gallatin 369-221
- Brooks Region
- (1) Macon County def. (5) Green Hill 327-263
- (3) Oakland def. (2) Mt. Juliet 314-276
First-round results from the group stage can be seen here:
Here’s how the bracket shapes up the rest of the way:
And a look at the teams remaining in each region (slide photos to see each region):
Voting in this round runs through noon Tuesday, April 4. Voters must make a choice on all matchups in order for votes to count.