This week’s forecasts don’t call for a second straight stormy Friday (at least of this writing), but Wednesday and Thursday could be wet enough to make for some messy tracks come Friday.
When they do get on the field Friday, Creek Wood will try for its first-ever 10-win season and unbeaten regular season. The Red Hawks have reached nine wins on three other occasions: 2005 (9-3), 2009 (9-2) and 2019 (9-3). That 2009 team was also the only one to date to complete a perfect record in region play as well.
To do it, they’ll also have to achieve another first — a win over Springfield. The Yellow Jackets have won all three meetings since the two became region rivals in 2017. Last year’s 14-7 final was the closest of the three meetings.
The Region 5-4A title goes to the winner, but both teams will host playoff games next week. The loser of Jackson North Side-Jackson South Side travels to the Creek Wood-Springfield winner, and the JNS-JSS winner gets a trip to the Creek Wood-Springfield loser.
Meanwhile, catch up on what you might have missed from Tuesday:
- TSSAA playoff scenarios for Middle Tennessee teams
- Tennessee Super 25 high school football rankings
- Region champion DeKalb County forced to quarantine, will miss playoffs
- Leaf Chronicle
- Game of week: Hawks need win vs. Lebanon Friday
- Cheatham County Exchange
- Sycamore defeats Cheatham County Central to keep the Powder Keg
- Harpeth falls short on homecoming
- Dickson Post
- Fairview spoils Dickson County’s homecoming
- Creek Wood remains perfect after win against Portland
- Robertson County Connection
- Jo Byrns falls at Gordonsville
- PICK ‘EM: Brady’s 2020 Week 11 Montgomery County picks
- Murfreesboro Post
- WEEK 11 Rutherford County High School Football Picks
- WEEK 11 Rutherford County High School Football Preview
- Williamson Home Page
- FOOTBALL PREVIEW: Ravenwood, Indy to clash for regular season finale
- Southern Middle Tennessee Sports
- SIX-GAME WIN STREAK LIFTS EAGLES INTO CLASS 6A TOP 10