Ravenwood and Brentwood have battled every year since the Raptors came into being in 2003, and the Battle of the Woods has annually become a highly-anticipated game in the area.
It’s no different in 2020, either.
The star power is there on both sides – Cade Granzow and Walker Merrill for the Bruins, Jake Briningstool and Junior Colson for the Raptors – and the competitiveness is there in the rivalry. Brentwood leads the all-time series 11-10, which includes four playoff meetings. The Bruins have won the last two regular-season affairs, only to have Ravenwood come back and win in the playoffs each year.
It’s also not a series of many streaks – Brentwood won four consecutive meetings from 2009-2012 and Ravenwood won three straight in 2004 and 2005, as well as 2013-2015. Of the four postseason meetings, the Raptors have won three of them.
Will Ravenwood even up the all-time series, or does Brentwood have the firepower to keep control?
Meanwhile, catch up on what you might have missed from Tuesday:
- Daily News Journal
- Joyce: Decision to play football has been a good one so far
- Williamson Herald
- COVID-19 strikes, closes Fairview and ends streak for football team
- Southern Middle Tennessee Sports
- AP POLL RELEASED; BATTLE OF TOP 10 REGION FOES LOOMS IN WEEK 5
- Robertson County Connection
- Last-minute score gives Jo Byrns second win
- Murfreesboro Post
- Week 5 Rutherford County high school football preview
- Week 5 Rutherford County high school football picks