So what if the 2020 season might not have the same number of games for everybody?
If you bring back a gold ball from Cookeville, is anybody really going to care if you played 12 games as opposed to 15?
In that vein, anybody that finishes unbeaten shouldn’t worry about an asterisk or anything like that. You win a state title, it’s yours. And nobody can take that away.
With that said, regardless of whether or not they’ll play a full season, here’s the remaining unbeaten area teams entering the third round of the playoffs: Pearl-Cohn (7-0, at Stewart County this week), Oakland (12-0, vs. Riverdale), DCA (10-0, vs. USJ), Davidson Academy (10-0, vs. Nashville Christian), and Brentwood Academy (11-0, vs. McCallie).
At least one of those teams will not finish unbeaten, as DCA and Davidson Academy are on a collision course to play for the Division II-A championship on Dec. 3 if they each win their semifinal games this week.
Meanwhile, catch up on what you might have missed from Tuesday:
- Tennessee Titans Mr. Football finalists named for 2020
- Tennessee Super 25 high school football poll
- Daily News Journal
- Battle of the ‘Boro sequel should top the original
- Murfreesboro Post
- Riverdale-Oakland Part II set for Friday night
- Williamson Home Page
- COLUMN: 5 2021 Williamson County football games we’d love to see
- Main Street Preps
- Preview: Northeast faces tall task in postseason rematch with Henry County
- 11 Nashville-area players named 2020 Tennessee Titans Mr. Football finalists
- Southern Middle Tennessee Sports
- SPARTANS SIGNALCALLER NAMED CLASS 5A MR. FOOTBALL FINALIST
- MT. PLEASANT PICKS UP GRIDIRON CONTESTS WITH COUNTY RIVALS