A handful of teams face must-win games this evening to keep their playoff hopes alive.
For instance, a Region 4-2A contest between East Robertson and Westmoreland puts the loser in very bad shape, especially if it’s the Indians, who only have first-place Watertown left on their region schedule. Eagleville can’t afford a loss to Summertown either in Region 5-2A.
If Cheatham County loses to Sycamore in Region 6-3A, the Cubs will be eliminated from postseason contention. Sycamore could still get in with a loss, but would need help from Stewart County before a must-win game against Camden in two weeks.
Page has a tough hill to climb in Region 5-5A, with three region games in the final three weeks. The Patriots will need at least two wins against Columbia, Lincoln County or Franklin County in order to advance.
There are other games with significant seeding implications as well.
In the meantime, remember to grab a jacket tonight and catch up on what you missed from Thursday:
- Daily News Journal
- Former players share favorite memories of the Battle of the ‘Boro
- Southern Middle Tennessee Sports
- MOSTRADAMUS SPEAKS: PREDICTIONS FOR WEEK 9
- Hartsville Vidette
- Yellow Jackets cage Panthers on Senior Night
- Trousdale County traveling to Cascade for region matchup
- Trousdale County honors longtime fan