Oakland’s biggest rival is no doubt Riverdale, and the two cross-town foes reunite for the annual Battle of the ‘Boro this week.
It’s a rivalry that dates back to 1974, and even though Riverdale has a 32-19 edge, recent results have heavily favored the Patriots.
Oakland owns an eight-game winning streak in the series entering Friday’s showdown, and none of them have been particularly close. Last year’s 17-point margin of victory is the smallest during the Patriots’ current run. Riverdale has the longest streak in the series, a nine-game run from 2001 through 2007 that included two playoff meetings.
If Oakland keeps the streak alive this Friday, they’ll match that Warrior run for the longest in the series and put themselves in the driver’s seat for the Region 3-6A title.
In the meantime, catch up on what you might have missed from Tuesday:
- 615 Preps
- Stock Watch: Week 9
- Kreager | Our TSSAA football projected football regions for 2021
- Tennessee Super 25 high school football rankings
- Murfreesboro Post
- Week 9 Rutherford County high school football preview
- Week 9 Rutherford County high school football picks
- Main Street Preps
- PICK ‘EM: Brady’s 2020 Week 9 Montgomery County picks