Checking in on those teams that have a zero in either the win or loss column entering Week 8 that were allowed to play since Week 1 (or Week 3 in Clarksville’s case), with records updated after Thursday’s games:
Mt. Pleasant (1-5): The Tigers will drop off this list after getting their first win of the season on Thursday at home, 27-20 over Loretto.
Cannon County (0-7): The Lions travel to Cascade Friday in hopes of ending a nine-game skid.
Sycamore (0-7): Fairview added to the War Eagles’ misery on Thursday, dishing out a 44-0 shutout and extending Sycamore’s current losing streak to eight games.
Oakland (7-0): The Patriots are on their open date, preparing for next week’s showdown at Riverdale.
Station Camp (0-7): The Bison are on their open date, with Beech, Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central to close out the regular season. Their losing streak currently sits at 21 games.
Cheatham County (0-6): Their skid is at 13 games entering Friday’s game at Greenbrier.
Davidson Academy (6-0): Winners of 17 straight, the Bears travel to USJ on Friday in a battle to remain in first place in their region.
CPA (5-0): The Lions held off Ravenwood on Thursday, setting up showdowns with Goodpasture and Lipscomb Academy for the chance to win their region.
Brentwood Academy (7-0): The Eagles have already surpassed their 2019 win total and are seeking their eighth consecutive victory when they face MBA on Friday.
Ensworth (0-4): The Tigers look to avoid a sixth consecutive loss on Friday, and Westview will look to extend that streak.
Meanwhile, catch up on what yoo missed On Thursday.
- Cane Ridge’s Quenton Barnes narrows choices to Tennessee, Georgia, Ole Miss
- Langston Patterson scores three TDs in win over Ravenwood
- TSSAA football championships will look different in 2020
- COVID-19 made filling prep football schedules a ‘mad scramble’
- Leaf Chronicle
- CHS responds to must-win by beating Kenwood, 55-38
- Rossview LB’s academic pursuits fueled Princeton decision
- Murfreesboro Post
- Stewarts Creek rolls to 52-0 region victory at Antioch
- Hartsville Vidette
- Trousdale County cruises past East Robertson
- Main Street Preps
- Lipscomb Academy fights off Rossview for fifth straight win
- Russell’s Week 8 Midstate HS football predictions
- PICK ‘EM: Joel’s Week 8 Robertson County-area Predictions
- Southern Middle Tennessee Sports
- MOSTRADAMUS SPEAKS: PREDICTIONS FOR WEEK 8