The statewide Associated Press polls saw some shifts in a few spots this week after multiple upsets took down some ranked teams.
In Class 6A, Brentwood only fell one spot after its 37-0 loss at home to Oakland, while Riverdale moved up to the Bruins’ previous spot at No. 5. Mt. Juliet dropped into a tie for ninth with Farragut after the Golden Bears’ loss at Rossview. Ravenwood moved up from ninth to seventh this week.
Pearl-Cohn jumped from ninth to sixth after its second win of the season, and Fairview also moved up one from eighth to seventh.
In Division II-Class A, Davidson Academy and DCA remained in the top two spots. CPA held firm atop the Division II-Class AA poll with Lipscomb Academy holding tight in fourth.
Pope John Paul II leaped into the top five in Division II-Class AAA after the Knights upset MBA, though the Big Red sit just one point outside of the ranking.
Oakland and Brentwood Academy also remained on top in their respective polls.
Meanwhile, catch up on what you might have missed from Monday:
- Tennessee high school football statewide AP rankings
- Nashville area prep football top-10 rankings after Week 7
- Golden Tate-Jalen Ramsey bad blood boils over
- Southern Middle Tennessee Sports
- 2020 GRIDIRON STAT LEADERS
- Williamson Home Page
- Lipscomb Academy football special teams coach Phil Dawson goes from NFL to high school sideline
- Robertson County Connection
- Greenbrier blanks Montgomery Central for second region win