Four area teams are ranked first in their respective classes after the weekly Associated Press statewide high school football polls were released on Monday.
Oakland (6A), Davidson Academy (DII-A), CPA (DII-AA) and Brentwood Academy (DII-AAA) all held the top spot this week. CPA moved up from No. 2 in last week’s poll to claim the top spot, while the other three remained in the No. 1 ranking.
Ravenwood and Brentwood, fifth and sixth, respectively, in 6A, face each other this week. Riverdale is seventh, followed by Mt. Juliet in eighth to round out area 6A teams. The Raptors fell two spots following their loss to Pulaski Academy (Ark.), while the Golden Bears moved up one.
Beech moved up three spots to fourth in 5A, with Summit dropping three spots to fifth following the Spartans’ loss to Franklin. Gallatin dropped two spots to seventh after falling to Mt. Juliet.
Springfield moved up two spots to fourth in this week’s 4A rankings, while Creek Wood joins the top 10 after a 4-0 start. Macon County and Nolensville are just outside the top 10 this week.
Fairview remained in fifth this week in 3A, while Pearl-Cohn dropped two spots to 10th while still waiting to get on the field.
Watertown stayed put in fourth in 2A, while Trousdale County slipped one spot to seventh despite winning at Gordonsville.
No area teams were ranked or received enough votes to be listed in the 1A poll.
Behind Davidson Academy in Division II-Class A are DCA in fourth and Friendship Christian in fifth, and those two teams will battle this week.
Goodpasture remained fifth in Division II-Class AA for another week.
MBA moved up one spot to fourth in the Division II-Class AAA poll, while Pope John Paul II is the first team out of the top-5 ranking.
Meanwhile, catch up on what you might have missed from Week 3 around the area:
- Tennessee prep football statewide schedule for Week 5
- Tennessee prep football AP statewide poll
- Nashville area high school football top-10 poll after Week 4
- Harpeth High shut down after rise in COVID-19 cases
- Southern Middle Tennessee Sports
- 2020 GRIDIRON STAT LEADERS
- MT. PLEASANT FOOTBALL HIT WITH COVID-19; CORNERSVILLE CONTEST POSTPONED
- Main Street Preps
- Brentwood Academy, Ravenwood swap places in MSP Top 25 poll
- PICK ‘EM: Brady’s 2020 Week 5 Montgomery County picks