Friday’s Region 4-2A showdown in Hartsville between Watertown and Trousdale County takes on some importance, but the last two years have ended up the same way – with Watertown winning the regular season meeting and the region title, only to have the Yellow Jackets come back and end the Purple Tigers’ season in the Class 2A quarterfinals.
Recent results have made this a rivalry, but historically, it’s been Trousdale County’s game. The Yellow Jackets lead the all-time series 46-18-1 and, prior to their 2018 regular season loss, had won 23 of the last 25 meetings.
And the last four meetings have all been decided by seven or fewer points. These teams will likely keep things tight again this week. We have Trousdale County head coach Blake Satterfield on the 615 Preps Podcast this week, available now on all major podcast providers.
Meanwhile, catch up on what you may have missed on Tuesday:
- Tennessee prep football schedule for Week 3
- Metro coaches believe their plan can bring football back safely
- Tennessee Super 25 high school football poll
- Daily News Journal
- Joyce: The good, bad of area football after two weeks
- Leaf Chronicle
- Knights, Eagles highlight game of week in Clarksville
- Southern Middle Tennessee Sports
- Eagles crack Class 2A Top 10; Spartans continue at No. 2
- Williamson Home Page
- Friday’s Brentwood football game with Dickson Co. moved to Oct. 8 due to COVID cases with opponent
- Main Street Preps
- MBA cornerback Nasir Cook discusses Princeton commitment