Many high-leverage games in region races take place in Week 10.
Nolensville and Tullahoma clash in a key Region 4-4A contest where the winner is in the driver’s seat entering the regular season finale. The Knights will have to earn it by going through Tullahoma and Marshall County in the final two weeks of the season.
Beech visits Gallatin and while the Green Wave are reeling having lost five straight, a win would lock up Region 6-5A for them. Beech can’t win it outright as the Buccaneers still have Hillwood, who’s 2-0 in region play as the Hilltoppers face Hillsboro.
The Henry County-Northeast winner wins Region 7-5A. It’s that simple.
Riverdale travels to Warren County hoping to rebound from their Battle of the ‘Boro loss to Oakland. It’s more critical for the Warriors than it is for Warren County, as the Pioneers will be in a winner-take-all game with Oakland for the Region 3-6A crown regardless of this week’s result.
Rossview and Hendersonville clash in a de facto semifinal, and if the Hawks win, they would take Region 4-6A with a win over Lebanon in Week 11. If Hendersonville wins, another Commando battle with Mt. Juliet in Week 11 would decide the region champion, as long as the Golden Bears take care of Station Camp in Week 10.
The Smyrna-La Vergne winner has the inside track on the Region 5-6A title, but neither team can clinch it unless Stewarts Creek loses to Overton.
Brentwood wins Region 6-6A if the Bruins defeat Independence. If the Eagles win, they’d need to beat Ravenwood next week for the region title.
Lipscomb Academy and CPA will duel for the Division II-AA Middle Region title in a winner-take-all game this week.
Brentwood Academy locks up Division II-AAA’s East Region by beating Ensworth, otherwise it’ll go down to next week’s games. MBA can keep Christian Brothers from clinching the West Region title with a win as well.
Meanwhile, catch up on what you might have missed from Week 9’s action:
- 615 Preps
- The Sunday Six: Week 9
- 615 Preps Spotlight Film, Episode 6: Battle of the ‘Boro
- 615 Preps Highlights: DeKalb County 24, Macon County 20
- Vote for the Citizens Bank Player of the Week for Week 9!
- Vote for the Fans’ Choice Game of the Week for Week 10!
- Gallery: DeKalb County 24, Macon County 20
- Gallery: Oakland 30, Riverdale 7
- 5 takeaways: 11 Nashville area football teams remain undefeated
- Roundup: Oakland rolls past Riverdale; CPA shuts out Goodpasture
- Nashville area high school football top performers from Week 9
- Springfield QB Kevontez Hudson makes up for small size with big plays
- Elijah Donaldson important on offense, defense for Creek Wood
- Davidson Academy runs win streak to 19 straight
- Howse has key interception as Brentwood tops Franklin
- No fans, no worries for Hillsboro after late win over Cane Ridge
- Leaf Chronicle
- Roundup: Rebels’ win sets up R6-3A title game in 2 weeks
- Daily News Journal
- Area high school football Week 9 top performers
- Area high school football Week 9 roundup
- Cooper lifts Blackman to 3-6A win over Rockvale
- Isaiah Horton, Jordan James lead Oakland over Riverdale
- Williamson Herald
- Football Roundup: Ravenwood, Fairview cruise; Father Ryan upends McCallie, GCA falls on the road
- Football: Indy overwhelms Dickson County on Homecoming
- Football: Page too much for Columbia in region contest
- Football: Brentwood capitalizes on Franklin turnovers for region win
- Football: BGA wins on the road; Ensworth runs past Centennial
- Southern Middle Tennessee Sports
- WEEK 9 RESULTS, WEEK 10 SCHEDULE
- LATE DEFENSIVE STAND KEYS ZION ROAD WIN OVER MT. PLEASANT
- INDY ROLLS TO HOMECOMING WIN OVER DICKSON CO.
- BULLDOGS EARN FIRST WIN IN FINAL HOME GAME OF SEASON
- MARSHALL COUNTY ESCAPES SPRING HILL UPSET BID
- SUMMERTOWN FALLS LATE IN ‘BIRD FIGHT’ WITH VISITING EAGLEVILLE
- STYMIED BY PAGE PASSING ATTACK, COLUMBIA CENTRAL FALLS 28-10
- Murfreesboro Post
- Ravenwood too much for Smyrna in 51-10 non-region win
- Eagleville pulls out improbable win at Summertown
- LHS holds off Stewarts Creek 28-23
- Oakland pulls away to defeat Riverdale 30-7
- Blackman takes advantage of Rockvale miscues in 42-14 win
- Gallatin News
- Beech throws its way to a 41-6 win over Station Camp
- Run left, run right, run middle. Rinse, repeat. Commandos pound Gallatin, 46-0
- Williamson Home Page
- FOOTBALL: Independence, CPA and Nolensville shut out their opposition; Ravenwood beats Smyrna; Page wins battle against Columbia
- Main Street Preps
- Green Hill 17, Giles Co. 13
- PHOTOS: Vaughn pushes Burros past Cane Ridge
- Bruins cruise to 42-20 win against Franklin
- Springfield cruises past Portland