Eight teams remain in our inaugural Helmet Madness tournament, and two squads needed late voting surges to remain in contention.
Gallatin trailed entering Monday, but Green Wave backers made a late push to reach the Elite 8 by narrowly defeating Oakland.
Macon County was in a similar position and led in the final hour before DeKalb County rallied in the last 20 minutes to win by 15 votes.
Summit held on for a tight win over Beech, while Nolensville, Dickson County, Mt. Juliet, White House and Lebanon had more comfortable margins of victory.
- Vote totals for each Sweet 16 matchup:
- DeKalb County (51.1%) defeated Macon County – 679 total votes
- Nolensville (57%) defeated Riverdale – 440 total votes
- Gallatin (51.5%) defeated Oakland – 786 total votes
- Summit (50.3%) defeated Beech – 318 total votes
- White House (58.6%) defeated Pope John Paul II – 459 total votes
- Dickson County (53.3%) defeated Columbia Central – 411 total votes
- Mt. Juliet (59.7%) defeated Davidson Academy – 549 total votes Lebanon (54.7%) defeated Ravenwood – 612 total votes
Voting for the next round begins Monday afternoon on Twitter @615Preps and runs until Wednesday at 2 p.m.
Updated brackets for the regional finals are below: